FOR THE TRAVELING DOG
CHARLIE & ME LAUNCHES CHARLIE BAGS, SOPHISTICATED DOG CARRIERS
Newport Beach, CA -- In addition to recently opening her first boutique in Newport Beach, CA, first-time shop owner and 26-year old entrepreneur, Taylor Beauchamp, has just launched a private label Charlie & Me, which includes sophisticated dog carriers in two styles and an array of colors and fabrics. Taylor’s French Bulldog Charlotte, whose nick name is “Charlie”, is the namesake behind the boutique and the new private label line.
Inspired by fashion and home décor trends, Taylor says, “When it comes to fashion, pet owners demand style too. It was important for me to create a dog carrier that is not only functional but also stylish for the dog owner.” The dog carriers can be found at the Charlie & Me Boutique or online at www.charlieandme.us
The Everyday Dog Carrier is lightweight, wears like a purse and is designed for everyday use, while The Charlie Bags Travel Dog Carrier is specifically designed for the traveling dog owner. Both bags are available in six colors each in a choice of three faux looks: alligator, lambskin, and ostrich. All bags come with gold accents on the zippers, snaps, and Charlie & Me logo.
With the goal of offering discerning dog owners unique and special items, the Charlie & Me boutique offers hip dog owners modern and sophisticated dog products, many of which are from around the world, including Canada, Italy, the Netherlands, with exclusive items made in the U.S.
Up next for Charlie and Taylor? Adding key chains and dog apparel to the private label.
THE TRAVEL DOG CARRIER:
· Designed to keep your dog safe and comfortable while traveling -two 11" long handles that can be put over shoulder or held by hand by your side
· Front end of carrier has soft mesh window for dogs ventilation with rolled up shade held up with snaps that can easily come down to cover mesh window
· Has short leash sewn on to inside of carrier that hooks to dogs collar to keep him secure if necessary
· Outside pocket on one side of carrier- 6" wide 7" deep
· This bag can comfortably hold up to 17 lb.
· length: 15" width-9" depth:12"
Travel Dog Carrier Line:
· Cobalt blue with faux alligator material
· Black with faux alligator material
· Dark grey with faux alligator material
· Brown faux alligator material
· Cognac with faux lambskin material
· Emerald green with faux lambskin material
· Lightweight bag with semi firm base that creates support and comfort for dog
· Front end of carrier is designed with a tear drop shaped opening for dog to look out
· Zipper runs from back to front along the top opening of bag
· This carrier functions best with dogs that weigh 14 lb or less
· Length- 15 1/2"; Width-8"; Depth-11"
Everyday Dog Carrier Line:
· Orange with faux lambskin material
· Navy Blue with faux lambskin material
· Green with faux lambskin material
· Black faux patent leather
· Beige faux ostrich
· Brown faux ostrich
ABOUT CHARLIE & ME: Charlie & Me is located at The Cove (410 West Coast Highway, Suite C, Newport Beach, CA 92663.) The boutique, which is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., can be reached by calling 949.572.5258. The online retail shop can be found at www.charlieandme.us, and connect with Charlie & Me athttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Charlie-Me/560685833963795 and on Instagram at charlieandmeus.
CHARLIE & ME OPENS AT THE COVE
Offers Hip and Sophisticated Apparel, Accessories, Home Décor & More for
Orange County’s Fashionable Pet Set
Newport Beach, CA - Charlie & Me, a boutique for the hip dog, has opened at The Cove, a collection of cool boutiques on Mariner’s Mile on Pacific Coast Highway. The shop focuses on modern and sophisticated dog products, many of which are from around the world, including Canada, Italy, the Netherlands, with exclusive items made in the U.S.
First time shop owner and young entrepreneur, Taylor Beauchamp, a 26-year old Newport Beach native, was inspired by her French Bulldog Charlotte, whose nick name is “Charlie”. With the goal of offering Orange County’s discerning dog owners something unique and special, Taylor has searched for products and companies that aren’t in traditional big pet retailers or seen in other Orange County stores.
Charlie & Me boasts over 20 lines including the following collections: the Kenyan Collection by JMS Ventures, hand-beaded collars and leashes made by the Maasai tribe in Africa; Bellomania, which offers sporty yet luxurious leashes, collars and leads made from like ostrich leather, snakeskin and alligator; and Malucchi, high end dog collars and leads made in Italy made with gorgeous Italian leathers of all sorts and real stones.
The store also offers a small collection of home décor items, including: a show stopping leather dog bed and modern console designed exclusively for Charlie & Me; Doca Pet, luxurious and modern dog feeders; and Fatboy, which offers outdoor water proof, dog beds built with a tough nylon material, making it extremely difficult for your dog to chew through.
Taylor has also created her own private label Charlie & Me line, including two styles of dog carriers and key chains, and is currently creating dog apparel. The sophisticated dog carriers, which are available in a variety of different colored lamb skins and faux alligator, feature two styles, one specifically designed for the traveling dog owner and the other being much more light weight and purse like, meant for everyday use.
“Having grown up in Orange County as a dog lover, I’m thrilled to now own a store in the area that caters to dogs and dog owners,” says Taylor Beauchamp. “I love bringing a sophisticated new outlook to the world of dog fashion and can't wait to create more products for the Charlie & Me line. I hope to be the boutique people walk into because they know they will find something extraordinary and special for their favorite dog."
ABOUT CHARLIE & ME: Charlie & Me is located at The Cove (410 West Coast Highway, Suite C, Newport Beach, CA 92663.) The boutique, which is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., can be reached by calling 949.572.5258. An online retail shop will open soon at www.charlieandme.us, and connect with Charlie & Me athttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Charlie-Me/560685833963795 and on Instagram at charlieandmeus.
With a collection of high-end, hip products for the modern dog owner, Charlie & Me offers the following dog products and lines:
· Allure Pet Products (Hugglehounds): Durable and fun dog toys built to last through the roughest play. Designed with attention to detail and durability, Hugglehounds dog toys also are made to be extra entertaining for your animal.
· Bellomania: Leashes, collars, harnesses and leads. Sporty yet luxurious, these products give a very good performance when it comes to the everyday walks with your dog and offer classy and clean appearance with leathers like ostrich, snakeskin alligator etc. The gorgeous porcelain dog bowls are painted with several different detailed designs.
· Charlie & Me: Fashionable dog carriers
· Chilly Dog: These trendy knit sweaters are made of 100% wool. They are meant to be fashionable as well as keep your dog warm.
· Doca Pet: Luxurious & modern dog feeders
· Dog Diggin Designs: Funky and fun dog toys with a squeaker
· Dogs Department: From the Netherlands, these classic collars and leads are designed to be functional and also fashionable. Made with the highest quality materials.
· Fatboy: Outdoor dog beds built with a tough nylon material, making it extremely difficult for your dog to chew through or damage the bed in any way. These beds repel moisture and are machine washable. Comes in many colors.
· Gainey: A simple yet classy single dog bowl. Comes in blue, orange and red.
· Harry Barker: Toys, beds, food storage, bowls, harnesses, leashes, dog health/beauty. The beds (most popular) offer vintage style dog beds made of hemp fabric. They provide comfort for your dog and tastefully designed to look great in your home. These beds come in many shapes and colors and are machine washable. Harry Barker’s food storage containers store your dog’s food and keep it fresh for a long period of time. Made of sturdy, recycled steel, the containers look beautiful in any home. Includes an aluminum scoop and is FDA approved.
· Hartman & Rose: Sophisticated collars and leads from Canada
· Jax & Bones: Animal shape dog toys made of woven rope
· JMS Ventures (Kenyan Collection): These collars and leads are beaded by the Maasai tribe in Africa. By meeting with their designer weekly to receive materials, the artisans can earn a living while maintaining their rural and more traditional lifestyle. Averaging one collar per day, the mamas create these original, one-of-a-kind designs. Beads are hand sewn in leather, then an overlay of leather is glued and stitched on the back. Buckles are solid, hand-cast brass. Available in a variety of colors, and in three widths: 1/2, 3/4, and 1 inch. Collar lengths are from 8 to 24 inches. Lurcher collars are available in 2 inch width and in even lengths from 12 to 20 inches. Leads are 42" long. Leads are not recommend for dogs that pull or for dogs over 50 pounds.
· Kade Kimber: High end dog apparel that is simple, classy, and fun
· Luxemutt: Handcrafted leather collars and leads in bowtie and flower shapes
· Pink Polka Dot: This apparel line is fun and funky, with its wildly imaginative designs. The fun hoodies, t-shirts and bandanas designed by Miyuki Takesako are anything but ordinary.
· Poochi & Tou Tou: Trendy and fashion-forward pet apparel and accessories, the clothes from Poochi & Tou Tou are great quality and pleasing.
· Malucchi: The dog collars and leads made in Italy by designer Malucchi are as tasteful and high end as they come. Made with gorgeous Italian leathers of all sorts and real stones, there are many different styles to appeal to wide range of tastes.
COMING SOON TO Charlie & Me
· Romy & Jacob
· Felli Pet
· One Ear Dog
MEDIA CONTACT: TO MEDIA CO. 949-722-8488
Nine women, most of whom were friends already, joined together one year ago to create their own shopping center by rehabing a building that had been sitting vacant for nearly five years and turned it into one of Orange County’s hottest shopping spots (as named by local lifestyle guide
Orange Coast Magazine). The Cove, a hip and newly re-purposed shopping destination on Newport Beach’s Mariner’s Mile, is home to local designers and lifestyle and retail brands focused on women, children, home décor, jewelry, beauty and fashion, including: Blend, Clarity RX Skin Wellness Boutique, Laura Matthews Designs, Little Relics, Little Stylings, MerMade Designs, Posey Couture, Studio Fringe, and The Hat Loft.
For jewelry and accessories designers like Laura Matthews, Caitlin Whelan (she’s only 20 years old!), and Paige Van Rensselaer-Kunkle is was a chance to have a shop to showcase their creations. For others like Beth Zehnder and Amy Rosten, opening a shop at The Cove fulfilled a lifetime dream of owning their own retail store. For Karla Keane, Merideth Fleener and Pam Terry, they already had established, successful businesses for years but wanted a headquarters and storefront that could be open to the public.
There is something for everyone at The Cove from fashionistas and beauty product addicts to gals-on-the-go, aspiring interior designers and the stylish, eco-responsible kid.
Blend (Beth Zehnder) – Contemporary women’s clothing with a focus on easy to wear weekday to weekend clothes for the gal on the go. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blend/160278977347077
Clarity RX Skin Wellness Boutique (Karla Keene) - Skin wellness boutique featuring the owner’s unique, patented line of high quality cosmeceuticals, which have been formulated for results-driven benefits to the skin, resulting in a smooth, youthful, supple, toned and radiant appearance. http://www.clarityrxskinwellnessboutique.com/
Laura Matthews Designs (Laura Matthews) – Original, handmade jewelry with a funky edge, designer handbags, belts and accessories. http://www.facebook.com/pages/laura-matthews-designs/117112398324097
Little Relics (Caitlin and Donna Whelan) - Antique Jewelry and Found Objects; based jewelry line Of recycled repurposed antique pieces. http://www.littlerelicsjewelrystudio.bigcartel.com/
Little Stylings (Melinda Hovee-Harlan). Newborn - 16 years plus maternity, Little Stylings is a high end children’s consignment for moms to be economical, fashionable, and live a little lighter on the planet. http://www.facebook.com/pages/LITTLE-STYLINGS/186104404941
MerMade Designs (Merideth Fleener) – Sea inspired home décor and gifts - Coral, seashells, handmade treasures. http://mermadedesigns.com/merdesigns/index.asp
Posey Couture (Paige Van Rensselaer-Kunkle) – Pearls, Vintage & "Haute" Costume Jewelry, Sugar Factory Couture Lollipops, and all things bling. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Posey-Couture/110345382327146
Studio Fringe (Pam Terry) – A full service interior design studio, unique linen pillow collection, home furnishings, fine art and textiles. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Studio-fringe/158949867496990
The Hat Loft (Amy Rosten) – Designer hats, caps and fine millinery. http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hat-Loft/102818689797486
The Cove is our favorite local shopping find with nine stores filled with the coolest items for the fashionista, the lotin-obssessed, home fanatics, kids and more. With clothing, jewelry, pillows, coral, skin care products and more, we always find something.
The Cove is celebrating it's one year anniversary on Friday, October 7th. Be sure to get down there to check it out for yourselves!
With our busy schedules, we love small boutiques where style reigns and experts have done all the thinking for you.
For more fall fashion finds: