CHARLIE & ME OPENS AT THE COVE
Offers Hip and Sophisticated Apparel, Accessories, Home Décor & More for
Orange County’s Fashionable Pet Set
Newport Beach, CA - Charlie & Me, a boutique for the hip dog, has opened at The Cove, a collection of cool boutiques on Mariner’s Mile on Pacific Coast Highway. The shop focuses on modern and sophisticated dog products, many of which are from around the world, including Canada, Italy, the Netherlands, with exclusive items made in the U.S.
First time shop owner and young entrepreneur, Taylor Beauchamp, a 26-year old Newport Beach native, was inspired by her French Bulldog Charlotte, whose nick name is “Charlie”. With the goal of offering Orange County’s discerning dog owners something unique and special, Taylor has searched for products and companies that aren’t in traditional big pet retailers or seen in other Orange County stores.
Charlie & Me boasts over 20 lines including the following collections: the Kenyan Collection by JMS Ventures, hand-beaded collars and leashes made by the Maasai tribe in Africa; Bellomania, which offers sporty yet luxurious leashes, collars and leads made from like ostrich leather, snakeskin and alligator; and Malucchi, high end dog collars and leads made in Italy made with gorgeous Italian leathers of all sorts and real stones.
The store also offers a small collection of home décor items, including: a show stopping leather dog bed and modern console designed exclusively for Charlie & Me; Doca Pet, luxurious and modern dog feeders; and Fatboy, which offers outdoor water proof, dog beds built with a tough nylon material, making it extremely difficult for your dog to chew through.
Taylor has also created her own private label Charlie & Me line, including two styles of dog carriers and key chains, and is currently creating dog apparel. The sophisticated dog carriers, which are available in a variety of different colored lamb skins and faux alligator, feature two styles, one specifically designed for the traveling dog owner and the other being much more light weight and purse like, meant for everyday use.
“Having grown up in Orange County as a dog lover, I’m thrilled to now own a store in the area that caters to dogs and dog owners,” says Taylor Beauchamp. “I love bringing a sophisticated new outlook to the world of dog fashion and can't wait to create more products for the Charlie & Me line. I hope to be the boutique people walk into because they know they will find something extraordinary and special for their favorite dog."
ABOUT CHARLIE & ME: Charlie & Me is located at The Cove (410 West Coast Highway, Suite C, Newport Beach, CA 92663.) The boutique, which is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., can be reached by calling 949.572.5258. An online retail shop will open soon at www.charlieandme.us, and connect with Charlie & Me athttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Charlie-Me/560685833963795 and on Instagram at charlieandmeus.
With a collection of high-end, hip products for the modern dog owner, Charlie & Me offers the following dog products and lines:
· Allure Pet Products (Hugglehounds): Durable and fun dog toys built to last through the roughest play. Designed with attention to detail and durability, Hugglehounds dog toys also are made to be extra entertaining for your animal.
· Bellomania: Leashes, collars, harnesses and leads. Sporty yet luxurious, these products give a very good performance when it comes to the everyday walks with your dog and offer classy and clean appearance with leathers like ostrich, snakeskin alligator etc. The gorgeous porcelain dog bowls are painted with several different detailed designs.
· Charlie & Me: Fashionable dog carriers
· Chilly Dog: These trendy knit sweaters are made of 100% wool. They are meant to be fashionable as well as keep your dog warm.
· Doca Pet: Luxurious & modern dog feeders
· Dog Diggin Designs: Funky and fun dog toys with a squeaker
· Dogs Department: From the Netherlands, these classic collars and leads are designed to be functional and also fashionable. Made with the highest quality materials.
· Fatboy: Outdoor dog beds built with a tough nylon material, making it extremely difficult for your dog to chew through or damage the bed in any way. These beds repel moisture and are machine washable. Comes in many colors.
· Gainey: A simple yet classy single dog bowl. Comes in blue, orange and red.
· Harry Barker: Toys, beds, food storage, bowls, harnesses, leashes, dog health/beauty. The beds (most popular) offer vintage style dog beds made of hemp fabric. They provide comfort for your dog and tastefully designed to look great in your home. These beds come in many shapes and colors and are machine washable. Harry Barker’s food storage containers store your dog’s food and keep it fresh for a long period of time. Made of sturdy, recycled steel, the containers look beautiful in any home. Includes an aluminum scoop and is FDA approved.
· Hartman & Rose: Sophisticated collars and leads from Canada
· Jax & Bones: Animal shape dog toys made of woven rope
· JMS Ventures (Kenyan Collection): These collars and leads are beaded by the Maasai tribe in Africa. By meeting with their designer weekly to receive materials, the artisans can earn a living while maintaining their rural and more traditional lifestyle. Averaging one collar per day, the mamas create these original, one-of-a-kind designs. Beads are hand sewn in leather, then an overlay of leather is glued and stitched on the back. Buckles are solid, hand-cast brass. Available in a variety of colors, and in three widths: 1/2, 3/4, and 1 inch. Collar lengths are from 8 to 24 inches. Lurcher collars are available in 2 inch width and in even lengths from 12 to 20 inches. Leads are 42" long. Leads are not recommend for dogs that pull or for dogs over 50 pounds.
· Kade Kimber: High end dog apparel that is simple, classy, and fun
· Luxemutt: Handcrafted leather collars and leads in bowtie and flower shapes
· Pink Polka Dot: This apparel line is fun and funky, with its wildly imaginative designs. The fun hoodies, t-shirts and bandanas designed by Miyuki Takesako are anything but ordinary.
· Poochi & Tou Tou: Trendy and fashion-forward pet apparel and accessories, the clothes from Poochi & Tou Tou are great quality and pleasing.
· Malucchi: The dog collars and leads made in Italy by designer Malucchi are as tasteful and high end as they come. Made with gorgeous Italian leathers of all sorts and real stones, there are many different styles to appeal to wide range of tastes.
COMING SOON TO Charlie & Me
· Romy & Jacob
· Felli Pet
· One Ear Dog
MEDIA CONTACT: TO MEDIA CO. 949-722-8488