DEER LOVELY EXPANDING SHOP AT THE OC MART MIX
AND TO OPEN MEN’S SHOP CALLED WHISKEY TANGO 1977
Deer Lovely, a uniquely curated selection of clothing and accessories, will open a men’s concept shop called Whiskey Tango 1977 and expand to become one of the largest retail shops at The OC Mart MiX, a marketplace for gourmet foods, coffee and wine with over 30 shops under one roof.
The new 800 square foot space will feature the new men’s section at Whiskey Tango 1977, while Deer Lovely will offer an expanded women’s collections including more accessories, beauty, home and shoes. The stores will also expand the lines it carries, including new Lines for Spring/Summer: Katin Mens, Gentle Fawn, Show me your MuMu, Hobo International, Zatchels English Satchels, and Levi's.
Slated to be open on April 1, Deer Lovely and Whiskey Tango 1977 co-founders, a husband and wife team, Sarah and Mike Dowdell are committed to well crafted, unique, and affordable items that can't be found everywhere. With a focus on supporting local, community brands such as Tankfarm, Toddland, Collaborative World, 31 Bits, Dustie Doll and Krochet Kids International, they also want the shop to create a comfortable space to chill and hang out.
90% of the stock is under $100, while the other 10% is under $300, which is mostly comprised of handmade satchels from England, leather bags and unique coats for the Winter.
“We are locals to the core and believe in shopping local, small businesses. We eat frequently at food trucks, support local stores, and take family trips to Farmers markets,” says Sarah. “For Deer Lovely and now Whiskey Tango 1977, my husband and I knew we wanted a store that offers something for the hip shopper that has grown up from Urban Outfitters but isn’t grown up enough to spend $300 on a pair of jeans. Also, as the owners, we are here 90% of the time interacting with our clients.”
ABOUT: Deer Lovely Founded in 2007, by Sarah and Mike Dowdell (see photo). Deer Lovely was born from the desire to provide feminine, colorful, bohemian styles at exceptional prices. A love for combining the old with the new, mixing patterns and layering has led to Deer Lovely's signature style. The Deer Lovely Boutique is an independent retailer that offers a uniquely curated selection of clothing and accessories. Inspired by our favorite items, Deer Lovely believes in the beauty and excitement of finding those special pieces that you have in your closet for years. http://www.deerlovely.com/
; Facebook: www.facebook.com/deerlovelystore
; Blog: www.deerlovely.com/blog
; Twitter: www.twitter.com/deerlovelystore